8.29.2010

241-salsa

Photographically speaking, this isn't a great shot, but I just had to show these crazy plants. There are just two plants here - a tomato and a green tomatillo. See the white frame hiding out inside there? Those are two 10' PVC pipes arched over the box, which is 4x4'. The top of the arch is probably about 4 1/2 feet high. I am just amazed at the way these two plants have grown! They took over that box, big-time! I have a number of tomatoes, but I wasn't sure the tomatillos were ever going to do anything beyond have flowers, but I was happy to discover that I DO have some growing now. What you can't see is that there's a jalapeno on the other side of those two gigantic plants (with about a dozen peppers), so I'm looking forward to some yummy salsa soon!

241-tomatoes

No comments: