8.01.2008

PhotoStory Friday: Such a Deal


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek





We love to have Blizzards at DQ, but with increasing costs of dairy and everything else, it's a little pricey to have this treat. It costs over $13 for the four of us to each have a small Blizzard.

Last night at the grocery store, we were trying to choose one or two ice cream flavors. Kind of a challenge since everyone wanted something different AND there are all kinds of groovy new flavors. I noticed the $3.00 per container price and it occurred to me that it was cheaper to buy an entire container for each family member (read: personal choice, dessert for more than one day) than to purchase FOUR INDIVIDUAL BLIZZARDS!

Now, under normal circumstances, we do NOT buy four containers of ice cream. However, this suddenly made so much cents sense. We did make that very clear to the boys before they picked their flavors. But sometimes it's fun to do something a little crazy. Like buy every family member a big old container of ice cream.


6 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love the reflection shot. And then there's the ice cream factor. I fancy ANY shot with ice cream in it! :)

Cecily R said...

Yummmmmm. I like your solution here A LOT.

And MG is right. The reflection shot it right. on.

LingoVise Says... said...

What a bargain... our last ice cream trek to Stone Cold set us back 18$... I nearly soiled myself.

thankfully I rarely [like twice a year] eat ice cream.

This sounds like a terrific solution for your boys! Plus it makes grocery shopping more fun & what could be better than that ;)

Ryanne said...

I like the solution. Last time i took my sis and son to ice cream it was 15 ...crazy eh?

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I Love Ice Cream!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. We are cheap and usually just get a container too. I love that you each got your own flavor!